- we collect in ways other than through the Service, including on any other website that we or a third party operate; or
- any third party may collect, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Service.
By visiting, accessing, using or making purchases in connection with the Service, you agree to our collection and use of PII as this Policy describes. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and agree to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
PII That You Manually Provide Us
The PII that you manually provide us through or in connection with the Service may include:
- Information that you enter into forms on the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service or make a purchase, or requesting warranty-related service. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through the Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Service.
In these ways, we may ask you for your name, email address and other contact information, payment information, and information about how you have used the Service.
PII That We Collect Automatically Through Data Collection Technologies
As you use the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment and browsing actions. These may include:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer or device and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We collect this information to help us understand how people use the Service, how we can improve its speed, how we can make it easier for people to use it and in some cases to advertise the Service or other products that we offer. The technologies we or our Third-Party Services (including Facebook) use for automatic data collection may include:
- You may opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how to do so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
How We Use Your PII
We use your PII to:
- Provide the Service to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Let you know about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it (for example, to process requests that you may make for warranty-related service)
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts that you enter into with us, including for billing and collection.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose PII to Third Parties
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose PII to third parties except:
- to work with third-party companies that we use to provide or market the Service or other products that we offer (“Third-Party Services,” below);
- where we believe it is necessary to respond to legal claims asserted against us, to comply with legal process (e.g. warrants and subpoenas), to enforce or administer our agreements, to prevent fraud, for risk assessment, for investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others;
- to subsidiaries or affiliates that we may have in the future;
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
- to enforce any agreements that we may have with you, including for billing and warranty-related purposes;
- with your consent; and
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
Third-Party Services collect, use and share PII pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. Some of them, including Google, may use location information and other PII to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites. By using our Service, you consent to our providing PII with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
For more information about how Google’s services use PII, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
DATA SECURITY; WAIVER OF CLAIMS
We use reasonable efforts to protect your PII from unauthorized access, but we cannot and do not warrant or promise that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers.
BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU (A) CONSENT TO OUR USING YOUR PII AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY DESPITE THIS RISK; (B) WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST US OR ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY OR AFFILIATE COMPANY THAT WE HAVE OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE RELATING TO THE INTERCEPTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PII BY THIRD PARTIES UNAUTHORIZED BY US; AND (C) AGREE TO NOTIFY US PROMPTLY IF YOU SUSPECT ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE OF PII.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Service.
“Do Not Track” Technology
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, please be aware that we do not change the way the Service works (as described in this Policy) in response to requests not to be tracked. You may, however, be able to disable certain tracking signals used by individual Third-Party Services, which you may do by accessing those services.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of PII except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to email@example.com.